UPDATE May 2020: Health and Wellbeing | COVID-19 and MEA events
The repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic are far-reaching, as you know all too well. Due to the economic uncertainty and safety of all involved, we will not be hosting the in-person Gas Operations Technical & Leadership Summit scheduled for August 11-13, 2020 in Rochester, MN. However, we have been working behind the scenes to create an online program that will deliver you the content and connections you’ve come to depend on from MEA at the Gas Operations Technical & Leadership Summit for the past 97 years.
Dates, times, and details will be forthcoming. We will communicate registration, exhibitor, and sponsor options at that time.
March 17, 2020
MEA Energy Association (MEA) has been closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as well as the impact on the companies we serve. Your wellbeing and the safety of your communities are paramount to us. For that reason, we have cancelled the following events:
- Construction Inspector Training | March 16-18, 2020 | Chicago, IL
- Environmental Leadership Learning Conference | March 24-26, 2020 | St. Louis, MO
- Leak Detection Training | March 30-April 1, 2020 | Chicago, IL
- Gas Ops Forum| April 7-9, 2020 | Madison, WI
- Transportation & Fleet Learning Conference | April 28-30, 2020 | Indianapolis, IN
- Electric Operations Technical & Leadership Summit | May 6-8, 2020 | Iowa City, IA
Registrants have received information about the cancellations, rescheduling, and next steps. If you have questions, please contact us.
We will share information about other upcoming MEA events, including Transportation & Fleet Learning Conference as soon as possible.
We truly value your support and commitment to MEA and our in-person learning events. We apologize for any inconvenience. March 4, 2020
As several MEA meetings and events in different areas of the country kick off throughout March and April, we want to assure members and attendees that we are closely monitoring the virus known as COVID-19 or Coronavirus Disease 2019. The health and welfare of our attendees and staff is our highest priority. MEA will work to provide the highest possible degree of hygiene and safety at the events.
According to the U.S. Travel Association, the risk to Americans remains low and there are no restrictions on travel anywhere within the United States. Taking care and prevention measures are key. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
For additional information, please visit:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Our goal is to continue providing safe, productive, and successful events. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.