MEA Energy Association (MEA) announces the appointment of Bobbi L. Schroeppel as chair and welcomes the full slate of officers and directors for the 2018 MEA Board of Directors.
Bobbi is the vice president of customer care, communications, and human resources of NorthWestern Energy. Bobbi’s responsibilities include strategic and day-to-day leadership of NorthWestern’s customer facing, corporate communication, and human resources processes; including customer interaction, revenue collection, customer education, customer programs and services, market research, customer care systems and infrastructure, branding and advertising, media relations and the human resource generalists processes. Since joining NorthWestern in May of 1998, Bobbi has also held positions in market research, support services and strategy.
“MEA's contributions to the energy industry are immeasurable and I am proud to serve as chair,” said Bobbi L. Schroeppel. “I have great respect for my fellow board members and the over 300 individuals who serve on MEA committees and look forward to working with them and the MEA team to empower the energy industry through education and leadership development."
The slate of board members for 2018-2019 follows.
Officers: Chair, Bobbi L. Schroeppel, vice president of customer care, communications, and human resources of NorthWestern Energy 1st Chair , Barry J. Bentley, senior vice president, customer operations of Indianapolis Power & Light 2nd Vice Chair , Vernon J. Peterson, vice president, electric distribution asset management of WEC Energy Group Treasurer, Tom J. Henkels, chief operating officer of PLH Group, Inc. Secretary , Patrick D. Van Beek, president of MEA Energy Association Past Chair, Gary L. Gibson, associate general manager, economic development of City Utilities of Springfield, Missouri Executive Committee Delegate, Charles C. Crews, vice president gas operations of Consumers Energy Executive Committee Delegate, Jon K. Luttrell , senior vice president, utility ops and president VUHI of Vectren
- Joe Awad, general manager construction and maintenance of Colorado Springs Utilities
- Tamara A. Bewley, market manager, natural gas and PVF of Border States
- W. Noble Billingsley, ll, director, gas operations, GRMI of DTE Energy
- James M. Conway, vice president field operations of ComEd, an Exelon Company
- Patrick C. Darras, vice president of operations of Montana-Dakota Utilities Company
- James W. Dougherty, vice president, electric delivery of MidAmerican Energy Company
- Benjamin F. Felton, vice president power delivery of NiSource
- Dean A. Headlee, manager, pipeline safety and compliance of CenterPoint Energy
- Steven A. Karolewski, vice president of operations of GROEBNER
- Jamie Kiely, senior director, operations of Kansas City Power & Light
- Eric Kozak, senior director, gas operations of Ameren Illinois
- Scott Kranstuber, vice president, sales and marketing of SENSIT Technologies
- Kevin P. Joyce, director, gas emergency response of Xcel Energy
- James Lorenz, director-electric construction and operations of Madison Gas and Electric
- Anthony R. McCain, vice president resource management of Nicor Gas, Southern Gas Company
- James J. Miller, director, business development of 3 Phase/MasTec
- Joe Purington, vice president of electric operations (NH) of Eversource
- Ivan Vancas, group vice president natural gas utilities of Black Hills Corporation
- Mark Van Dyne, vice president environmental services of Burns & McDonnell
- John C. Webster, director natural gas division of Hutchinson Utilities Commission
MEA thanks all outgoing board members for their service. For more information about MEA visit www.MEAenergy.org.